Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Let the "dreams" begin...

Last night I had my first dream about what things would be like post surgery. I woke up with this weird feeling, like that perhaps this is all just one hazy dream.

The best part: coming out of the "haze" and realizing that I really am doing this. I really an having surgery. And I really will have normal size breasts for the first time in my life.

I am finally feeling ready. And that's a peaceful feeling to have!

This next part will get a little descriptive about the not do glamorous details. Don't read on if you can't handle...But I promised myself that I would be 100 percent truthful to you all every step of the way.

I had my pre op appt last Friday. I learned all the nitty gritty details involving the gauze wrap, the dissolvable stitches and the best part, the drainage tubes. Yuck.

Those will probably be the worst part as my nurse said they are a tad bit uncomfortable. They will be draining the excess blood post surgery...

Poor Jon will have to be measuring output every few hours. Now if that isn't sexy, I don't know what is!?

"Hey babe, why don't you come over here and check out my drainage tubes..."

Ok, moving on.

My post op appt is the following Tuesday. This is when I will get to see my new boobs for the first time.

Can. Not. Wait. For that moment...

Then my plan is to go back to work the following Thursday, so 7 days post surgery.

I will be blogging about every step of this journey in hopes that someday, a gal just like me will have unfiltered, real life information about how this process works. So they will know what to expect every step of the way. Hopefully it will help someone have the courage to take the next step toward changing their future.

Until next time,...

1 comment :

Unknown said...

Hope everything goes well! I just had surgery (different kind, but surgery non-the-less) and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Make sure you ask your doctor about the after effects of anesthesia though if you haven't already talked to him about it. Good Luck!!